History of the M&GN
History of the Society
The William Marriott Museum is normally open from March to October when trains are running on the North Norfolk Railway.
The museum is open from 1100 to 1530, opening hours may be extended during special events and during high season running days.
Museum admission is FREE on production of a valid NNR ticket. Admission is £1 for non-travelling adults.
All accompanied children are free at all times and there are quizzes for all ages.
Out of hours visits or research requests can be made by appointment with the museum curator.
As well as being the owner and operator of our impressive collection of locomotives and rolling stock, the M&GN Joint Railway Society is also the trustee of the William Marriott Museum, which is housed in and around the Goods Shed at Holt station, modelled on an original building from Thursford, near Fakenham.
The Society has been in existence for over 50 years and during this time it has amassed an impressive collection of railway memorabilia, which includes everything from tickets, timetables, documents, signs and posters to clocks and watches. A changing selection of these can be viewed in the museum, which is open on most days when trains are running on the North Norfolk Railway.
The William Marriott Museum is an accredited museum and a member of the Norfolk Museums Group, which supports all independent museums in Norfolk. It also works closely with the NNR Education Department.
Museum enquiries can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org